More and more people are going into rowing, both as a hobby and for fitness, because it provides an effective low-impact workout that boosts your metabolism.
Rowing is also a recommended form of exercise if you want a full-body workout because it engages the muscles in the arms, shoulders, thighs, calves, buttocks, and abdomen.
The downside is that you won’t always be able to go out and row because of time, weather, etc. This is where home rowing machines come in.
The Stamina 1215 Orbital Rowing Machine with Free Motion Arms is a popular choice for a home rowing machine because of its relatively low price and the different features it offers.
It comes with a monitor that tracks and displays time, number of strokes, calories burned, speed, distance, etc.
The Stamina 1215 Orbital Rowing Machine also uses a ball bearing roller system so movements and strokes are more fluid. This machine currently sells for roughly $255 on Amazon.
1. The Stamina 1215 Orbital Rowing Machine is relatively easy to assemble because of the clear and easily understandable instructions on the manual. The common length of time it took users to assemble the whole thing is 1.5 to 2 hours.
2. Stamina advertises the 1215 Orbital Rowing Machine as having a thick-padded and comfortable seat, and this seems to be accurate based on the user reviews. There were no complaints of discomfort after using the machine for hours.
3. The Stamina 1215 Orbital Rowing Machine has a compact design compared to other rowing machines, measuring only 48” x 32.5” x 27.75” in length, width, and height. In addition, the rowing arms can be folded for easy storage.
4. The “orbital” action of the rowing arms allows you to get a wider range of arm movement which is useful especially for those who want to be able to do a variety of exercises to work the arm muscles.
1. The user reviews showed a lot of complaints about the hydraulic shocks. Several users said the hydraulic shocks on their unit broke even after just one or two weeks of use.
2. Stamina offers 5 years warranty for the frame and 90 days for parts. However, some users report having a not-so-good experience with the company’s customer service.
3. A couple users complained about the seat “rumbling” a bit because of the plastic rollers underneath which one user said started breaking down after a couple of rowing sessions.
4. One user said resistance is too high for beginners even at the lowest resistance setting.
The Stamina 1215 Orbital Rowing Machine with Free Motion Arms is one of the more affordable rowing machines you will find out there.
Almost all the users agree that the machine does feel sturdy and stable, despite the complaints on certain parts such as the plastic seat rollers and the hydraulic shocks.
If you’re looking for an affordable rowing machine, then the Stamina 1215 Orbital Rowing Machine is worth checking out. Just make sure to also keep in mind the downsides and defects reported.